- This event has passed.
Matariki Workshop on Quantum Science
March 19, 2016 - March 23, 2016
19 – 23 March 2016, Otago
Experimental absorption image of ultracold Rb atoms confined using patterned laser light. Image: Bose-Einstein Condensation Laboratory, University of Queensland.
This four-day workshop at the University of Otago brought together researchers at Matariki partner institutions, and other interested parties, to present the latest research developments in a wide range of topics at the forefront of Quantum Science. Topics included:
- Open quantum systems
- Coherent light-matter interactions
- Cavity-enhanced sensing
- Spinor and dipolar condensates
- Quantum turbulence
- Ultracold Bose and Fermi gases
- Quantum nanophotonics
- Superconductivity, superfluidity
- Optical lattice clocks
- Disordered cold gases
- Rydberg atoms/Cold ions
- Bright solitary matter waves
- Resonant optics
- Atom chip, Atom lasers
- Quantum information processing with rare-earth doped crystals
Further information is available on the workshop website.
The full workshop report is available on the Members’ Area of the website.