Queen’s recognized Sir David Skegg with an honorary degree during Friday morning’s Spring Convocation ceremony at Grant Hall. An epidemiologist and public health physician based at the University of Otago, Sir David Skegg’s research focuses mainly on the causes and control of cancers, especially breast and cervical cancer, and the use of epidemiological methods to study benefits and risks of medicines. As Vice-Chancellor of the University of Otago from 2004 to 2011, he took a strong interest in opportunities for international collaboration and was a driving force in the establishment of the Matariki Network of Universities.
- Matariki 3MT 2021 September 27, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism and Decolonisation September 14, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Human Evolution August 6, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – call for speakers March 24, 2021
- Matariki Lecture 2020 November 12, 2020