The MNU seeks to build upon the collective strengths of its member institutions to develop international excellence in research and education and to promote social responsibility locally and globally.
MNU members are critical friends and trusted partners who support each other to enhance quality in all areas of institutional activity. The network creates new opportunities for multilateral international collaboration in research and education. It enables members to enrich their work by sharing ideas and best practice with trusted peers and to collaborate in areas where collectively we can contribute more than we can individually. It provides a forum in which members can discuss and reflect on issues of common concern and identify mutually beneficial linkages. It encourages members to facilitate access to resources and opportunities at their respective institutions for colleagues from across the network.
Matariki Network universities are partners with a shared ethos who will share knowledge, expertise, resource and creativity to:
- Create enriched multilateral opportunities in research and education for our staff and students;
- Promote and develop global excellence in delivering a research-inspired and truly international education to our students;
- Nurture high impact, innovative research communities that stimulate and promote social and global responsibility;
- Promote our shared ethos of educating leaders and citizens of the world through experiential learning within our residential academic communities;
- Promote and engender academic freedom in research and education in our own institutions and beyond;
- Enhance member institutions’ profiles in order to leverage strategic influence in a competitive global education environment.
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism & Decolonisation December 2, 2021
- Matariki 3MT® 2021 results October 27, 2021
- Matariki 3MT 2021 September 27, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism and Decolonisation September 14, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Human Evolution August 6, 2021