After a year full of turbulence and cancellations, the 2020 Matariki Lecture finally took place on Thursday 5th November at Queen’s University- but with a slight difference! This year’s presentation was delivered virtually by Professor Tony Ballantyne of University of Otago, as part of the Queen’s University virtual workshop on “Global Histories of Colonialism”. The keynote, entitled “Scale and Connection: Thinking about the Global History of Empires and Colonialism from the Pacific”, attracted an online audience of around 60 people from all around the world and will hopefully be the start of a new Matariki Lectures Series around “Empires and Colonialism”.
- Student Blog Post – Matariki Global Citizenship Summit August 26, 2022
- Success of International Research Training Group: “Women’s Mental Health across the Reproductive Years”. June 1, 2022
- Solidarity with Ukraine March 2, 2022
- Study Finds Road Salt Threatens Lake Ecosystems February 23, 2022
- Matariki 3MT winner receives prize January 25, 2022