After a year full of turbulence and cancellations, the 2020 Matariki Lecture finally took place on Thursday 5th November at Queen’s University- but with a slight difference! This year’s presentation was delivered virtually by Professor Tony Ballantyne of University of Otago, as part of the Queen’s University virtual workshop on “Global Histories of Colonialism”. The keynote, entitled “Scale and Connection: Thinking about the Global History of Empires and Colonialism from the Pacific”, attracted an online audience of around 60 people from all around the world and will hopefully be the start of a new Matariki Lectures Series around “Empires and Colonialism”.
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism and Decolonisation September 14, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Human Evolution August 6, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – call for speakers March 24, 2021
- Matariki Lecture 2020 November 12, 2020
- Matariki Network turns 10! April 29, 2020