The concept for the Matariki Global Citizenship Programme that emerged from the initial workshop held in Uppsala in April 2016 was that of an “umbrella” for a variety of activities, encompassing education, research and engagement. Activities may emerge from or build on existing initiatives and opportunities at member universities (e.g. student exchanges) or involve the collaborative development of new initiatives (e.g. online courses). Different activities may involve different subsets of members, but it is expected that outcomes and progress will be shared across the network in order to facilitate learning and best practice. The regular Global Citizenship Forum series will provide opportunities for sharing and exchange and for bringing together the diverse groups of students and faculty working on global citizenship initiatives around the network.
- Student Blog Post – Matariki Global Citizenship Summit August 26, 2022
- Success of International Research Training Group: “Women’s Mental Health across the Reproductive Years”. June 1, 2022
- Solidarity with Ukraine March 2, 2022
- Study Finds Road Salt Threatens Lake Ecosystems February 23, 2022
- Matariki 3MT winner receives prize January 25, 2022