The promotion of research and innovation drives all Matariki Network member institutions. The MNU seeks to enhance the quality of research by connecting our researchers working in cognate areas. The seven MNU Research Themes provide a primary focus for research interactions between partners, but are not exclusive. We regularly assess the progress of each theme, as well as seeking to identify new areas of collaboration. MNU members support the development of interdisciplinary, innovative research that demonstrates significant economic and societal global impact in areas in which together we can contribute more than we can individually.
MNU Research Themes are intended to facilitate enhanced collaboration, joint research grant applications/publications, research student exchanges, co-teaching initiatives and the sharing of industrial contacts that would not otherwise have developed outside the network. Click on the tiles below for more detailed information about each theme.
- Solidarity with Ukraine March 2, 2022
- Study Finds Road Salt Threatens Lake Ecosystems February 23, 2022
- Matariki 3MT winner receives prize January 25, 2022
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism & Decolonisation December 2, 2021
- Matariki 3MT® 2021 results October 27, 2021