The promotion of research and innovation drives all Matariki Network member institutions. The MNU seeks to enhance the quality of research by connecting our researchers working in cognate areas. The seven MNU Research Themes provide a primary focus for research interactions between partners, but are not exclusive. We regularly assess the progress of each theme, as well as seeking to identify new areas of collaboration. MNU members support the development of interdisciplinary, innovative research that demonstrates significant economic and societal global impact in areas in which together we can contribute more than we can individually.
MNU Research Themes are intended to facilitate enhanced collaboration, joint research grant applications/publications, research student exchanges, co-teaching initiatives and the sharing of industrial contacts that would not otherwise have developed outside the network. Click on the tiles below for more detailed information about each theme.
- Matariki 3MT 2021 September 27, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Race, Racism and Decolonisation September 14, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – Human Evolution August 6, 2021
- Matariki Lecture Series – call for speakers March 24, 2021
- Matariki Lecture 2020 November 12, 2020